The Tecplot product can check out a license when running on the same computer as Reprise License Manager (RLM), but not from other computers on the network. How can I open the license manager to other computers?
Certain ports are required to be opened in order to connect and check out a license from RLM. Here are the default port settings:
RLM port: 27100
ISV (Tecplot-specific) port: 27101
Web server port: 5054
The RLM and ISV ports are required to be open for a successful connection to RLM. Opening the web server port is only required to make the browser-based administration tool accessible from other computers on the network.
The RLM installation for Windows platforms automatically adds rlm.exe to the Windows firewall exceptions list (accessible in the Control Panel). Usually no manual configuration is needed.
On the Mac OS X 10.5 platform follow these steps to open the ports:
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click the Security button.
- Switch to the Firewall page.
- If the page is locked click the lock and enter your administrators name and password to allow changes on this page.
- Select Set access for specific services and applications.
- Click the + button navigate to the installation folder (/Library/Application Support/Tecplot LM for a .pkg default installation) select rlm and click Add.
- Repeat Step 6. to add teclmd (select teclmd instead of rlm this time).
Click the lock to prevent further changes and close System Preferences.
For Linux/UNIX platforms, consult operating system help resources for information on how to open ports.
Both the RLM and ISV port numbers are defined in the license key file and can be altered by the end user. The RLM port number is defined at the end of the HOST/SERVER line and the ISV port number is defined at the end of the ISV/VENDOR line. The web server port can be defined in a ws flag used in the rlm initialization command:
rlm -ws ####
Where #### is the desired port number.
For more inf0rmation, please refer to the RLM End-User Manual: