I extracted a vortex core using the Tecplot CFD Analyzer, and now I want to calculate the circulation around the core. How can I do this?
If you can define a closed path in your data over which to integrate, you can calculate circulation using the Integrate dialog.
- Open the dialog by choosing “Perform Integration” from the Analyze menu.
- In the Integrate dialog that appears, for Type of Integration, select Vector Dotted with Unit Tangential.
- Choose your velocity components for the Integrand.
- Next, identify a line–a closed path–as your Domain of Integration. (If you want to read more on specifying the domain of integration, click the Help button and scroll down a bit on the resulting Help Web page.)
- Finally, click Integrate. The Integration Results dialog will display the circulation.